Monday, September 10, 2007

When it's too late to start bailing!

There is limit on how much time we have to reverse the damage we have done... We all know this, so what's stopping us from bailing when the ship is going down?

In my daily duties at AusPen I have run into many that say they want to change our wasteful ways so when I hear about those that are trying I do what I can to help by sending along a sample or information on sustainable lifestyles i have picked up along the way.
For example there is a certain morning show here in Australia that says they wish to "cool the globe" and help the efforts to reverse the effects we are having on our environment, they are sponsoring campaigns to have businesses using less, turning off lights and such ... So I've joined in by signing petitions and such, this particular morning show has a segment that features a thing they call the R.O.S wall where they take note of suggestions of all types on a large White board.... A white board ? Hmmm? This is something I can help out with... so I pack up one of our Carry Cases and send my simple gift off to them ...Pa Rumm Pa pum pum...
hoping that they will see the wisdom in the product ... but they never reply or use them so evey morning at Sunrise I watch them using disposable markers filled with xylene and wonder what they are waiting for?
Maybe one day when the Sun-Rises it will dawn on them that it is so much better to create less waste.

No comments: